About us

The Barefoot family live an easy, relaxed life together playing, pottering and doing whatever feels right at the time!


Wednesday 13 July 2011

To B or not B...that is the question.

B meaning Blog that is. I have gone to and fro, forward and back, round and round on the blog thing. The hippy doesn’t like the idea of it. He’s a private man.  I am relatively speaking I suppose. I don’t ‘do’ public really. My mental jury has been out on blogs for years...in fact, maybe I should go in search of them as perhaps they have forgotten and just gone home to carry on with their lives.
I keep coming back to it. I like the idea of it and I don’t. I love writing. I think I would love a blog. I have free guides to social networking booklets coming out of my inbox all saying how every business needs a blog – they are now an essential. BUT should you do one...never...never...mix business with pleasure! This would be a no no. Well this is where my blog journey grinds to a halt. How could I not? What I do for ‘business’, if you want to call it that, is my pleasure. I sell things I like. I hire birth pools because I believe in birth. This is tricky for me. I guess I am a bit radical and I do have opinions. Will this damage my business then? Will rambling away about other things be not just irrelevant but also a deterrent? Well, you know what. I don’t really know and I don’t think I really care. There is only way to find out.
My close friend sends me messages with blog posts that she has found and that she thinks I will enjoy reading. She is wonderful at sharing and quite inspirational in that. She sends the ones that she knows I’ll enjoy reading, that may challenge or enrich my ways,  that we can talk about next time we meet for our families to play. Lately they have enriched me. Sometimes I am surprised at their content, how much they have shared - at times I have thought it was too much and other times not enough. Will I end up doing this? Will I know when to stop? Should I need to? Oh brain..please be still for a while and relax and see.
 I’m supposed to be keeping a reflective diary as part of my studies. I guess I have given the game away there by even using the word supposed in that sentence. You would be right in thinking that I haven’t really been doing a very good job of doing this so far! I think far too much to ever write it all down! I’m not saying others don’t, we humans think too much for our own good, but I do more...here goes...’reflective thinking’. I daydream, I muse, I remember, I visualise and I, well distract myself a lot. It would be good for me to channel this I think. But the diary thing just doesn’t do it for me. This is why a blog could be great for me.
But shouldn’t it be good for others too?  What will I be giving in this energy exchange? People ask me regularly about how I set up The Natural Parenting Club, how to go about organising a support group like the Homebirth one I run. Why did we decide to unschool and what on earth is elimination communication anyway? If I share these thoughts will this be a good enough penny for mine? 
I guess we will just have to wait and see...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogland. I am already enjoying your musings! I too feel I do so much thinking and dreaming - a piece of paper and a pen, or a keyboard just doesn't seem enough to begin to contain it all! But then I start writing and out it pours - some of it anyway - and I feel released. I like writing Morning Pages (three plus sides of a4, whatever comes into your head) and feel I learn a lot about myself that way. I don't do them in the morning though. Lol.
    Looking forward to Reading more. You are definitely giving in the exchange xxx

    ReplyDelete