About us

The Barefoot family live an easy, relaxed life together playing, pottering and doing whatever feels right at the time!


Wednesday 20 June 2012

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was
more painful than the risk it took to blossom'
Anais Nin

Today is the first day that I will officially be the owner of Gentle Water. There have been other exciting moments, key decisions and landmark events on the way but this should be the day that I drop my shoulders, lift my chin, exhale a deep breath and stride forwards.

I feel a bit rigid, a bit rusty, like the tin man might do after standing too long. I have been on a mental pause for months whilst my full and lovely life has continued. Today I will oil my joints with sunshine, and smile in anticipation both of all that awaits and all that already is. This is not about business, about work or even money, it is about life. Our life. All we want from it and we want to give back to it. I am ready.



I have thought of the words my sister spoke to me on the day I told her of how close I was to achieving everything
' What are you more afraid of, that you will fail, or that you might succeed'.

Well dear sister, finally I have an answer for you. Neither! I am not afraid...Bring it on baby!!



1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Bring it on indeed! :)
    Congratulations! :)
    Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete